Training Internship Programme
What is a training internship?
In a training internship, you gain direct exposure to real firms within your target field (generally investment banking, sales & trading, asset management, hedge funds, private equity, real estate, venture capital, or consulting).
In addition, you are taught fundamental skills and concepts critical to securing a finance job on a 1-1 basis, whilst doing practical activities, which cement your understanding. This is the fundamental difference between a training internship and a conventional internship. In most conventional internships, you will not receive any training and will be expected to perform from day 1.
Previous students have described the training internship as being crucial in helping them secure competitive finance opportunities. Our testimonials are evidence of this.
Why do a training internship?
Prices are on application.
- The majority of our training internships are based in the UK and USA. The programme is structured as a learning experience rather than paid employment.
- The programme is flexible to your schedule and can be done during term time.
- As part of the programme you will spend time with a real firm within your target sector thereby giving you fantastic insight and an excellent CV boost.
- Students are selected for this programme based on their performance in interview and demonstrated willingness to succeed in their field of interest.
Why is there a fee for the training internship?
The competitive programme is arranged as a “learning experience” for the participant rather than “employment” based on a contract where work is paid for. This means that international students who face work restrictions are able to do the training internship.
Ambitious students and graduates looking to work in finance or consulting leverage the experience to gain a substantial competitive advantage in their careers and a clearer direction on which career they want. Students develop highly regarded practical experience at a company in investment banking, private equity, asset management, trading, venture capital, consulting or fintech.
Many institutions hire our students for high paid roles who typically earn about $100,000 in the first year, and the experience is designed to open hard to reach career opportunities. Into City Prep handles all of the logistics on your behalf to ensure a seamless way to break into the industry.
Full Time Job Programme
What You Get.
- CV, cover letter, applications review and amendments
- Intensive interview coaching
- Case study training
- Assessment centre preparation
- Personalised job strategy
- Enhanced professional network
- Assistance identifying and arranging suitable visa
- Dedicated mentor with industry experience to guide you from beginning to end
- Training internship within your target field especially if you do not have sufficient relevant experience
This is not an exhaustive list. All the services you receive will be bespoke and take into account your circumstances.
The combined first and second year salaries for jobs targeted by students using our services is between $180,000 – $220,000.